Cognos Business Intelligence and Enterprise Performance Management
The main objective of Business Intelligence is to bring the right information at the right time. Usually, the data is pulled from several sources and transformed into accurate and consistent information which is stored in the Data Warehouse.
Cognos Business Intelligence solutions help understand, monitor and manage business performance which includes business reporting & analysis, profitability measurement, budgeting, forecasting optimization and cost management.
Cognos is a fast and efficient technique to deliver multidimensional business intelligence data.
Building a Data Warehouse and a complete and well performing Information Management system in an organization is a challenge both for the business and technical experts. The most important thing to have in mind is that Business Intelligence is not an IT driven area and it needs to come out as a need from the business and require tight and constant cooperation.
That is why in order to deliver valuable information to the business and perform efficiently it is required to understand end-users needs and cooperate closely with the business before implementing Cognos applications.
The first step is to define organization's goals, concerns, expectations and find out how users want to use the data, what types of reports will they want to create and what is the best way to spread the information accross the organization.
- The site is addressed to both business and technical users, includes cognos technical tutorials and guides for business users
- Includes Cognos 7 and Cognos 8 BI comparison and provides information on specific features of each of these systems
- Provides tutorials, examples, best practices and help prepare to the IBM Cognos certification exams
- Helps users resolve problems related to cognos products
- Our editors are specialists with a strong Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing professional background and broad experience with a number of Cognos implementations